Oh no they did'nt.
Here is what another blogger had to say:
The McDonald's version comes in a cardboard box, and upon opening, looks pretty much like a Chick-fil-A...only a tad smaller. There's a bun slathered in just the right amount of butter, two pickles and a golden chicken breast. It even smells like a Chick-fil-A sandwich. Then I take a bite.
At first blush, the taste seems almost identical. Then I start to really examine my own taste buds. There's definitely something missing. It's obviously the seasoning that Chick-fil-A has been using for all these years that gives the chicken such a distinctive taste. The McDonald's sandwich also uses a seasoning, and it's good, but it doesn't have the same "kick" as Chick-fil-A. That's not to say the McDonald's chicken sandwich is bad...in fact it's quite tasty, and those world famous french fries don't hurt either. The McDonald's meal seemed "lighter" and didn't overfill me as Chick-fil-A sometimes does.
Bottom line: I'd eat the McDonald's sandwich again. Will it hurt Chick-fil-A's sales? Possibly...especially since McDonald's has better fries. Full disclosure: I've actually gone to Chick-fil-A, then stopped at McDonald's to get fries. Get rid of those doormats, Chick-fil-A! Win me back over, before I turn to the dark side. ****
Y'all should know that I love me some Chick-Fil-A and conversely that I don't eat at McDs unless I'm in dire straights. All I got to say is McDs better stay out of anymore Chick-Fil-A territory. :)
3 comments:
I am appalled. In entirety. Except for the fact that we don't have a Chick fil A here and we do have a McD. But still.
I have convictions.
I might be tempted, but since I never really eat at Mickey D's, I don't have to worry too much about becoming a traitor. And since we don't have Chick-Fil-A here, even if I were to, say, stop by to sample one of these interesting chicken sandwiches, that wouldn't be too traitorous, would it?
Chick-Fil-A is sacred territory. Unfortunately I can't have it anymore because of the bread crumbs, but oh it's so good. I can't believe they're going that far.
Post a Comment