January 1, 2008

What A Way To Start The New Year!

So, I thought this up some time ago, but wanted to wait until the perfect opportunity to post it. A fresh new year struck me as the perfect opportunity! So, now I invite you to vote, to put your two cents on....

*drum roll, please*

Which of these are the most heinous shoes EVER?! My contributions are below, however, if you find a shoe that you consider more heinous than any other shoe in the history of mankind, please post the link in the comments section.

**Disclaimer, if you own any or all of these shoes, PLEASE do not be offended. This is my personal opinion, which of course doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life. Wear your favorite shoes with enthusiasm!

Option A: Yes, I know they were once considered "cool" and they do have their place. But you know, the sport sandal has evolved so much that I think the classic Teva needs to be retired into the Shoe Hall Of Fame. The new Tevas are cute, so let's agree to let the ugly ones be left in the closet. What do you think.... is this the most heinous shoe of all time?








Option B: Ah, the Croc, the new kid on the block of Heinousness. Yes, I know they are comfortable. Very comfortable. But c'mon people, they are NEON. And PLASTIC! And make your feet look fat. If you want to wear them when you're gardening, I have no objections. But please, LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM!



Option C: The Ugg (ugh?) Boot. Worn mostly by celebrities who live in California where it's almost NEVER cold. I know a lot of people like these and maybe they are great. For me, I categorize them as heinous because (a) they are a trend that REALLY needs to die and (b) you can't tell the different between the men's and women's.


Option D: Wow. Are there sufficient words? Honestly, I expect this one to win because, really, how could you NOT vote this to be the most heinous shoes EVER? I shudder just looking at this picture.


Now post your two cents and your vote in the comments section. :)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Definitely Option D. Orthopedic gone WRONG!!! Wow...I can't even think up a good excuse for these shoes to exist. Whatever would you wear them for? They don't even LOOK comfortable!!

:D

JLS said...

I agree with you on all counts! I must confess to owning a pair of the Croc type foot wear. Simply for shower stall situations or the such, I don't do flip flops and when these came along it was great.

But my favorite footwear ever is Skechers Bright Eyes. They are a slip on sneaker. Style 11021.

akalinear said...

option D. In the words of Vince Flynn, they should be third optioned (i.e., silently assassinated, never to be heard from or seen again).

Carrie said...

I'm somewhere between option C and option D (if I have to settle, I'll go for D), laughing all the way "ha! ha! ha!"

archnemesis_goldenhair said...

I'm the odd ball out, I think A is the worst, though they're all bad. Is D really an orthopedic shoe? Now I feel real bad for people with foot problems.

Anne said...

In my opinion, they are ALL bad, but I really detest Crocs, so that's going to be my answer:o).

return home gnome said...

Ok, while all those are supremely heinous, yes I agree, I was surprised you left out the less comfortable ones?
I mean, all of those are at least walkable. The shoes that bother me the most are the ugly ones that don't look as if you could make it around the block in them.

But my vote will have to be for the Uggs. I own two pairs of Tivas (I lived in Idaho, it was ok; I own two pairs of Birkenstocks too, but I dare anyone to look down on me for it; I have 50 other pairs that make up aesthetically). A male friend a long time ago pointed out that chunky, clunky shoes adds 10lbs to a woman's look and boy I couldn't agree more. Ugg is short for ugly and I can't wait for every trendy-teeny-bopper-wannabe to get the hint that they are OUT, OUT, OUT! Give them to the Goodwill ladies: your life will be better for it!

Anonymous said...

Definitely Option D.

akalinear said...

I have to come out and say it - I don't really care about the Uggs. Frankly, I am given over to having hope when I see a young person wearing them in drifts of snow instead of wandering around with bare feet scarcely clad in a couple of scraps put together. Now, if you're wearing them to be "fashionable," give 'em up, like ELRJ said. But if you're wearing boots for practical purposes, I'm okay with that. (And no, I don't own Uggs, but I do own several pairs of boots because of where I live.)