Who would have thought my second post would be from Seoul, South Korea?! I feel like such a world traveler. Of course, most of this page is in Korean characters, so I just randomly click something and hope it's what I need. :-)
I just got off a 14 hour flight from Chicago to Seoul. We have a three hour layover and then we'll board our final flight to Bangkok. I must admit I'm extremely tired, sore, and hungry. That said, I wouldn't change my mind about the trip and my excitement is not lessened. I will probably feel better once I lay down in a bed and take a hot shower.
Random Observations:
- Asian people are so tiny. I mean, impossibly thin and small.
- Seaweed soup does not smell or taste good.
- Cold mushrooms also do not taste good.
- When on a plane, do not sing along out loud with the music playing through your earphones. You may think you have a good voice and good taste in music, but other people may not.
- Packing food and my pillow: both really, really good ideas.
Love to all my family and friends. Of course I miss you already! I miss my bed and American food, too. ;-)
Julie
World Traveling Girl
January 7, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hee hee! I love this. =) Well, I miss you too, but Erika's getting the phone time. Of course, she'll read this and know what I'm talking about. ;)
Anyhoo -- congrats on surviving the plane ride! One major step completed!
Here's to your hot bath & some good sleep! I was praying for you! Annnd I miss you!
Post a Comment