November 3, 2006

They're Driving Me To Rant

Simply put, I CANNOT WAIT for the elections to be over.

I'm as patriotic as they come. And I take my civic duty to vote seriously. I have strong and definite political views.

But please. PLEASE stop with the TV ads, the radio commercials, the recorded phone calls, the junk mail, the signs-- OH, THE SIGNS, and the surveys. *sigh* That didn't help. I need to say it again.

PLEASE STOP with the TV ads, the radio commercials, the recorded phone calls, the junk mail, the signs-- OH, THE SIGNS, and the surveys.

Here's what I want to tell all the candidates:

1. At this point, I'm turning off the TV and radio. I'm hanging up on the recorded phone calls and I'm tearing up the junk mail before I even read it. I've made up my mind, people.

2. Even if you print the junk mail so it looks like you handwrote it, I know you didn't, so please don't insult my intelligence.

3. I just don't think smear tactics and negative ads work. You're all just making fools of each other. Can someone be novel and try something else? At least it would catch our attention.

If they had some sort of referendum to vote on a limit for ads, commercials, signs, recorded calls, and junk mail, I bet they'd have a huge voter turnout. :-)

Please stop. I'm asking nicely.

- J -

No comments: