January 17, 2007

If I Get Too Desperate, I'll Head To China.

BEIJING - China will have 30 million more men of marriageable age than women in less than 15 years as a gender imbalance resulting from the country’s tough one-child policy becomes more pronounced, state media reported Friday.

The tens of millions of men who will not be able to find a wife could also lead to social instability problems, the China Daily said in a front-page report.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Despite the humor, this situation is worrisome, because it's the perfect recipe for starting a war. 30 million desperate single guys either striving to prove themselves or despairing of anything beyond their experience? Not a good situation.

AMarylandGirl said...

Nathan, I'm not sure about starting a war, but I definitely agree that it will cause some serious problems. Another example of the consequences of not following God's design.