January 25, 2007

On Salespeople

I'm feeling the need for a quick rant. I do not like pushy salespeople.

*insert squawk of frustration*

I was visited by an extremely enthu... no... PUSHY salesman today. He wouldn't take no for an answer. His prices were NOT better than what I'm paying. He went so far as to start filling out an order form for me!!!! He told me there was no way I could set up an account later if I was interested. (Riiiight... as he was leaving, he left me a catalog with instructions on how to set up an online account.)

So, here's what I wanted to say to him, but couldn't:

I don't like to be hustled. I don't need you to be fake interested in me- it won't help the sale. Don't lie to me. Stop trying to force me to buy stuff I don't need. Your prices are NOT lower. Stop treating me like I'm stupid. Answer my questions with a yes or no. Again, I'm not stupid. Don't smoke before you come in.

And finally.

NO. THANK. YOU.

*deep breath*

Thanks, I needed that.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

And I am definitely with you there. The chances of my actually buying something from them significantly decrease the more they talk. The best thing they could do for profit is to leave me alone.

return home gnome said...

Next time? Say it.
Say it all.

Then smile and nicely lead him to the door.