Here is a list of the Best Picture winners, starting at 1978. How many of these movies have you seen?
1978 (51st) BEST PICTURE The Deer Hunter
1979 (52nd) BEST PICTURE Kramer vs. Kramer
1980 (53rd) BEST PICTURE Ordinary People
1981 (54th) BEST PICTURE Chariots of Fire
1982 (55th) BEST PICTURE Gandhi
1983 (56th) BEST PICTURE Terms of Endearment
1984 (57th) BEST PICTURE Amadeus
1985 (58th) BEST PICTURE Out of Africa
1986 (59th) BEST PICTURE Platoon
1987 (60th) BEST PICTURE The Last Emperor
1988 (61st) BEST PICTURE Rain Man
1989 (62nd) BEST PICTURE Driving Miss Daisy
1990 (63rd) BEST PICTURE Dances With Wolves
1991 (64th)BEST PICTURE The Silence of the Lambs
1992 (65th) BEST PICTURE Unforgiven
1993 (66th) BEST PICTURE Schindler's List
1994 (67th) BEST PICTURE Forrest Gump
1995 (68th) BEST PICTURE Braveheart
1996 (69th) BEST PICTURE The English Patient
1997 (70th) BEST PICTURE Titanic
1998 (71st) BEST PICTURE Shakespeare in Love
1999 (72nd) BEST PICTURE American Beauty
2000 (73rd) BEST PICTURE Gladiator
2001 (74th) BEST PICTURE A Beautiful Mind
2002 (75th) BEST PICTURE Chicago
2003 (76th) BEST PICTURE The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
2004 (77th) BEST PICTURE Million Dollar Baby
2005 (78th) BEST PICTURE Crash
2006 (79th) BEST PICTURE The Departed
I'm not necessarily a fan of the movies they pick for Best Picture-- if they're dark or filthy or "artsy" or nonsensical... perhaps you know what I mean. I think I've only seen 10 movies from this list and, if I'm honest, I didn't like 3 of them and was so-so on a few others. I like the "olden days" where movies like The Sound of Music, Ben-Hur, and The Bridge Over the River Kwai won this category! Go here to see a complete list of Best Picture winners.
So, how would you fill in this blank? "If you haven't seen ___________________ from the Best Picture winners, it's so great, you should immediately go out and rent it!"
February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've seen 10. And I think I only really liked 2 of them. How sad is that?
Post a Comment