March 5, 2008

Thrilling News

I wish I could tell y'all that I passed the Bar, but a close second to THAT great news is this....

.... while I was in California, my mom found my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though she woke me up when she called to me (she was going to leave a message, but my phone was on), it brought such a huge smile to my face. When I got back home and saw the camera on the table, I actually picked it up and petted it. :) Irrational, yes, I know. But I really do love my camera. It was my first digital and it's been everything I wanted for that camera.

And you know what that means for this blog..... pictures to post! Yea!

This is for akalinear, who was the only one who noticed when I posted (on Facebook) that I added red to my hair. I'm not sure how easy it is to see my hair, but it's the best I've got. It's something different and I like it, but who knows what will happen in another two months. :)

Here's proof of my newfound interest in target shooting. I need more practice, but be careful if you decide to mess with me. ;-)


On Monday, we went to the park for a picnic and took a hike up to the original Washington Monument. This is the view from the Monument. I believe you can see at least two and maybe three states in this picture.

More to come!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! So glad you have your camera back!!

And your hair looks FAB!!! The red is really pretty.

akalinear said...

yay! glad your camera is back. However, now all hope is dashed: your hair isn't as red as the Wendy's commercials wigs I've been imagining you with. ;) I'm still laughing at that - not at your real red-streaked hair, of course - just at my mental picture of you with a Wendy's wig.

Cove Girl said...

YAY!!! For the camera. I know what you mean it took me forever to finally get my first digital camera and I would hate to loose it! Where did she find it?

I like the red in your hair. I have to get mine done here soon! I'm hurtin' bad!

Nice shots! your much better with a pistol than I am. That's what you're shooting with right?

AMarylandGirl said...

Girls... thanks for your very kind comments. :) Akalinear, your comment cracked me up... I can see the mental picture, too and it is quite hilarious.

C, yes, I was shooting with pistols- my 32 and a 9mm. Maybe others... I don't remember. :)

archnemesis_goldenhair said...

Hey J! Long time no see. Sorry 'bout the Bar, but hooray for the camera. I love the hair coloring, hopefully yours stays vibrant for months to come.

return home gnome said...

You're redonkulous. I mean, I'm happy about the camera and all, but I almost screamed when you mentioned the bar. But then, it wasn't a REAL mention after all.

return home gnome said...

ps - I second that: your hair does look FABulous!