So, I was talking to my auntie on the phone and we were starting to say our goodbyes. She was leaving the office to go home, gathering up her stuff. All of a sudden, she says, "I wonder if I got everything. I'm not sure where my phone is. I probably left it in there." Of course, I immediately just died laughing. Once she realized she was ON her phone, she started laughing, too. Great memory.
******
I've also been meaning to share this hilarious and incredibly bizarre happening. A few days ago, I was at the park with a friend. We were sitting on a bench, eating pizza when a little girl (she was 7 years old) walked up to me and asked, "Are you trying to get pregnant?" I blinked a few times, almost fell off the bench, and then said, "Uh, what?" She repeated the question, "Are you trying to get pregnant?" I gained my composure enough to ask, "What makes you think I'm trying to get pregnant?" In my head, I'm thinking, "Does eating a slice of pizza at the park mean you're trying to get pregnant?"
She vaguely explained that if you "eat everything on the table, that means you're going to get pregnant." Uh, okay. I had one piece of pizza. It was just too weird to really get into, and she wandered onto another subject, but we laughed about it for a while.
*****
I just can't stop with the funnies. I've been storing them up for y'all. The younger one has a tendency to... well, pick her nose. :) We've been trying to break her of this habit and she's actually doing well. The other day, however, we all caught her digging deep. At least two of us said, "Ky, don't pick your nose." Her reply: "Well, it's way back in there." We all cracked up so loudly that we might have undone all that training. :)
*****
Okay, last one because I don't want to leave the older one out. My mom and I were watching the girlies the other night and I started playing playdoh with them. We made all sorts of shapes, including eyeglasses. Then, the girlies just started putting shapes on their faces, like a mustache. My mom had gone upstairs and I decided to go get my camera. When I came back upstairs, I was in the other room messing with my camera. I heard the older one trying to get herself a drink and spilling water on the floor, so I ran in there to help her. All of a sudden, she starts furiously rubbing her nose and whining. Then she started crying, still rubbing her nose.
I kept asking her what was wrong and finally she told me she had put some playdoh up her nose. I looked up her nose but couldn't see anything at all. She kept rubbing her nose and I was afraid she was going to push it up higher. I held her one nostril shut and got her to blow out her nose. The first time she blew, some red liquid dribbled out so then I believed there was something up there. After a few more "blows", a piece of red playdoh popped out. I was trying sooooooooooo hard not to laugh especially because she was still upset.
The funniest part of the whole situation was when, after the playdoh came out, she said, "I thought that would be funny, but it wasn't." It was all I could do not to fall off the chair. See, I took a picture for her scrapbook. Will she thank me some day? :)
1 comment:
There's just something about being a child and finding an orofis to put something into. I did something like that once, but it was a dried pea, and it went in my ear. Getting that out was much trickier than just blowing, since my mom didn't want to damage my ear drum. THat was quick thnking though, way to go Aunt Julie:)
Post a Comment