April 14, 2006

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe




Today, K1 is TWO years old!

Has it really been two years since I was pleading with my dad to drive up to PA faster so I could fiiiiiiinally meet my new niece?

Can this little person really walk/ run/ jump and feed herself and talk and open doors and work the DVD player? (I am honestly not making that last one up!!)

Is it possible that the tiny newborn is already a little girl who takes care of her sister, raids my purse for lip gloss, and likes to talk on the phone?

Being an aunt has been one of the best experiences of my life. I love K1 more than I ever thought was possible. I start to miss her if I don't see her at least every other day. And even when I'm fuming, "I'll never have children." while changing a diaper explosion, I'm amazed at how blessed I am to be a part of this little girl's life.

It's hard to describe the feeling of amazement as you watch a child grow and see how much they love you.

Happy Birthday, K1.

- Auntie JuJu -



No comments: