I always thought Maryland had some of the worst drivers (not that other states don't, I'm just regularly forced to deal with the bad drivers in Maryland!). So, thanks to my friend C, I now have proof that Maryland has some of the stupidest drivers!
Test scores are in: Northeast still has dumbest drivers
Insurance company exam indicates 1 in 11 drivers would fail state licensing exam.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - The tiny state of Rhode Island still ranks rock bottom in terms of driving knowledge, according to a national test conducted by GMAC Insurance. Oregon drivers answered the most questions correctly. The test revealed that about one in 11 licensed drivers in the United States would fail a state drivers test, according to GMAC Insurance.
Based on average scores, northwestern states generally ranked highest while the bottom-ranking states were mostly in the northeast.
40. South Carolina 82.3 (Tie)
40. Florida 82.3 (Tie)
42. Pennsylvania 82.1
43. New Mexico 81.5
44. Connecticut 80.9
45. Hawaii 80.7
46. Maryland 79.5
47. New York 79.4
48. New Jersey 78.6 (Tie)
48. Massachusetts 78.6 (Tie)
50. Washington, D.C. 76.5
51. Rhode Island 75.1
In my personal experience, I think Florida should be #51, although I'm certainly not surprised that Washington, DC drivers are near the bottom.
Anyone else think their state has the worst drivers? :)
- Julie -
4 comments:
Julie~ I would have to say Pennsylvania has some of the worst drivers... they all seem to come from New Jersey!!! (No offense to any New Jerseyians as I can think of a few who are members of my church!) It just seems like every time I'm on a highway here in good ole bumpy-road PA, some driver from NJ must think that the speed limit is just a suggestion. I guess we really meant drive 25 in a 55 mph zone!!!! Plus stupidity really does abound in this dear ole state from enough Pennsylvanians... we don't need any help!!! (There. I feel better now;-))
HA! I saw that article this morning and was planning to send it to you!
And I noticed you didn't mention who placed 18th...or for that matter who placed 12th. Yep, that's right, the great driver states of North Dakota (18th) and Minnesota (12th). So, again, I suggest moving to ND. Our drivers only try to merge with 70mph traffic going 35. It's called an acceleration lane, people! :) Wow, this ranting stuff is fun. :)
Living vicariously through your blog,
Friend X
Yes, ranting is fun. Glad you both feel better. FX- There are a lot less drivers in ND (MN, too?) so does that mean there are proportionately less STUPID drivers?
Anne- I agree about NJ drivers. The drivers in any state that makes you go RIGHT to make a LEFT turn can't be all that intelligent.
FrX- let me help... it's Free, it's Easy, and it's called blogger.com.
:)
Post a Comment