June 8, 2006

It's A Special Day All Around!


Happy Birthday, MOM!

My very cool mother turned 55 today. Every member of my immediate family celebrates their birthday during the summer months, so my mom's birthday always kicks off the official Birthday Season for us.

My mom taught me so much, including: how to wrap presents, to have faith, to keep your feet off the furniture, and to write thank you notes. We like to hang out, sing, shop, play the piano, and laugh together.

She's the best mom EVER and I love her so much.


Happy Birthday, Rachel!

It's also Rachel's birthday, but she's a young'n at 21. Every time I'm with Rachel, I have so much fun. I tell ________ (whoever happens to be listening at the time), "Rachel is so cool! I love being around her!!" Rachel and I share some great things: being a Baptist PK, doting auntie, and contented singleton. We know about the Fishbowl.

She lets me change her beautiful name into all sorts of fun things like Rachelina and Rachy. :) We even got to go to Prince Edward Island together.

I admire Rachel for many things, but just a few include: her loyalty, her humor, her thirst for learning, her diligence, and her ability to have fun. She's really smart and cool and down-to-earth and interesting and funny.

Love her!



Enjoy your day, ladies. You sure deserve it!

- Julie -

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aaaawwwwww...thanks, Julie! You make me feel so special.

I think it's so cool that your mom and I share a birthday!

Carrie said...

Hey! Happy B'day to your mom, from me!

Doesn't your dad share a birthday with Rachel's dad? Or they are about the same time? Or am I thinking of something else?

Fun facts! ;)