My brother, the other JP, is 29 today!! Many warm and happy birthday wishes to him.
Yes, he's the one who once told me that I should thank him for helping me build character in my life! I suppose that's *one* way you could look at it.
I guess if you only have one sibling, you should make the most of him (or her)! :) J and I fought like siblings generally do-- he claims I always got hurt and I complained that he wouldn't let me hang out with him. I told him he was spoiled because he was the oldest; his counterargument was that I got away with everything because I was the baby. It's making me laugh now because it all seems so silly.
Homeschooling was a make-it-or-break-it time for us-- because there were only two of us, we either had to learn to get along or just go ahead and kill each other. So, being such smart children, we actually learned to get along and enjoy each other's company.
I can honestly say that we have been really great friends for a long time and he's one of the coolest people I know.
Our personalities are very different, so we didn't always see eye-to-eye, but I do believe we have learned a lot from each other.
So, here's what I appreciate about my favorite (cough, cough) brother:
- He knows me REALLY well and yet still loves me.
- He stands for the truth, but is also compassionate.
- He's genuinely a nice guy.
- He's very trustworthy and gives sound advice.
- He's always there if you need him.
Yes, he's the one who once told me that I should thank him for helping me build character in my life! I suppose that's *one* way you could look at it.
I guess if you only have one sibling, you should make the most of him (or her)! :) J and I fought like siblings generally do-- he claims I always got hurt and I complained that he wouldn't let me hang out with him. I told him he was spoiled because he was the oldest; his counterargument was that I got away with everything because I was the baby. It's making me laugh now because it all seems so silly.
Homeschooling was a make-it-or-break-it time for us-- because there were only two of us, we either had to learn to get along or just go ahead and kill each other. So, being such smart children, we actually learned to get along and enjoy each other's company.
I can honestly say that we have been really great friends for a long time and he's one of the coolest people I know.
Our personalities are very different, so we didn't always see eye-to-eye, but I do believe we have learned a lot from each other.
So, here's what I appreciate about my favorite (cough, cough) brother:
- He knows me REALLY well and yet still loves me.
- He stands for the truth, but is also compassionate.
- He's genuinely a nice guy.
- He's very trustworthy and gives sound advice.
- He's always there if you need him.
- He gave me two really cute and fun nieces. :-)
So, even though he tries to push my buttons and makes fun of me and starts arguments with me and loves to beat me at anything..... I still love him.
Happy Birthday, JP!! Thanks for helping me build character. I think.
- JP, the 2nd one -
No comments:
Post a Comment