October 26, 2006

I Came, I Saw...

.... at the post office (a place I visit far too often for my liking) :

A little girl, sitting in a stroller while her mother and older sister were mailing some packages. When I walked by, the little girl said, "Hi!" And since I love (other people's) kids, of course I said "Hi." back to her. Then she said, "Mommy." To which I replied, "Oh, is that your mommy?" referring to the woman she was with, because, well, obviously, *I* am not her mother. The little girl said, "Nooooooooo!" as if she was offended I would ask. And then her mother said, "Yes, I am!" I held in my chuckle until I reached my car, but how embarassing (but also funny) must that be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Of course, if my daughter ever did (does) that I'd be thoroughly embarassed.
Very cool picture! I like it.