November 22, 2007

The Day For Giving Thanks

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This day is one of the best holidays we have in our culture. Maybe the overeating isn't great (but, wow, yum!), but sharing special time with family and friends, focusing on our blessings, and taking time to celebrate life are good reasons for a holiday to exist.

I watched a little of the Thanksgiving Day Parade which was only exciting to me because I've been to Times Square. I think my mom got tired of me shouting at the TV, "I've been there!!" My first niece spent the night, so she kept me busy playing volleyball, walking the dog, and playing chase. The weather was crazy warm today-- I wore flip flops! We had delicious food and fun conversation. And our family is so blessed.

I hope each of you had a wonderful day with your friends and family. Thank you so much for all the ways you've encouraged me. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

Now, I think the pumpkin pie is calling my name.... :)

No comments: