So, I signed onto instant messenger today and was assaulted with this headline: "20 WORST FOODS IN AMERICA". My curiosity was piqued so I decided to find out if I eat anything on the "worst foods" list... or rather, HOW MANY things on the list I eat. ;-)
So, in case you're interested, here you go [obviously I didn't include the whole list, just the ones I found most interesting... or sad, depending on how you look at it]:
20: Worst fast-food chicken meal: Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's (5 pieces) with creamy ranch sauce [830 calories; 55 grams (g) fat; (4.5 g trans fat); 48 g carbohydrates]
19: Worst drink: Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz) [900 calories; 10 g fat; 183 g carbs; (166 g sugar)] Jamba Juice calls it a smoothie; we call it a milk shake. In fact, this beverage contains as much sugar as 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's butter pecan ice cream. What?!
17: Worst 'healthy' burger: Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger [1,145 calories; 71 g fat; 56 g carbs] Wow. I love turkey burgers.
16: Worst Mexican entree: Chipotle Mexican Grill Chicken Burrito [1,179 calories; 47 g fat; 125 g carbs] Oh man, I love Chipotle!
14: Worst sandwich: Quiznos Classic Italian (large) [1,528 calories; 92 g fat; 4,604 mg sodium; 110 g carbs] 92 grams of fat?! My word!
13: Worst salad: On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef [1,450 calories; 102 g fat; 78 g carbs; 2,410 mg sodium] Okay, now this is Taco Bell, what do you expect? But still, a SALAD with that many calories and fat grams?! Amazing!
10: Worst breakfast: Bob Evans Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes [1,540 calories; 77 g fat; 198 g carbs (109 g sugar)] Five Egg McMuffins yield the same caloric cost as this stack of sugar-stuffed flapjacks, which is truly a heavy breakfast, weighing in at a hefty pound and a half.
9: Worst dessert: Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream [1,600 calories; 78 g fat; 215 g carbs] Would you eat a Big Mac for dessert? How about three? That's the calorie equivalent of this decadent dish. Oh. my. word.
5: Worst pizza: Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza [2,310 calories ; 162 g fat; 123 g carbs; 4,470 mg sodium] Man, I wish I hadn't read this one. I love Uno's deep dish pizza!
1: The worst food in America: Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing [2,900 calories;182 g fat; 240 g carbs]
Honestly, all I can say is, NO WONDER Americans are overweight!!
November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am mad about the Jamba Juice Chocolate mood. That puts me in another mood.
Oddly enough, I actually eat nothing on this list. So what I eat isn't as bad as I thought it was.
I would just rather not know. At least it was the chicken burrito at chipotle. I wouldn't wanna give up my barbacoa burrito. ;)
Post a Comment