December 19, 2007

More Than You Ever Wanted To Know

About My Views Of Christmas

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'll use both, but I prefer wrapping. There's so many choices of gorgeous paper. I'm a little obsessive about the gift tags matching the wrapping paper. And I L-O-V-E curling ribbon.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Again, either is really fine. I think real trees are prettier and that's what I grew up with. But now we use an artificial tree and I must admit it's much easier to deal with.

3 . When do you put up the tree? Anytime after Thanksgiving until the first week of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? Anytime after Christmas is over and usually before New Year's because we get sick of the clutter.

5. Do you like egg nog? Honestly, I'm not sure. I think I do, but I haven't had it very often. It's not something I really associate with Christmas.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember being thrilled with a Cabbage Patch doll. I also remember being excited about a see-through phone my brother got me. Talking on the phone was a big deal to me at that stage of my life.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Hmm... Actually, if we do, we haven't unpacked it.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and now my brother is entering that territory now, too.

9 . Easiest person to buy for? Joanna and the girlies

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Old School Christmas cards!! I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, but especially if they come with pictures and letters!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Let's just say a pair of used clip on earrings. Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense.

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn. But White Christmas is a close second.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever it happens. I don't plan a date.

14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmm...Little Debbie christmas tree cakes.... christmas cookies!

16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. Definitely clear. Although we always used colored ones when I was a kid.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night or Mary, Did You Know?

18. Angel on the tree top or a star? Tree or just a bow. I'm not a big fan of weird looking angels, but some of them look nice.

19. When do you open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? With immediately family, we open gifts on Christmas Eve, which I love. It seems so much more cozy. All the other gifts we save until Christmas morning.

20 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? I really don't like the busyness. And one thing that really annoys me is feeling obligated to buy gifts. I firmly believe you should buy for people you love because you want to.... not because society says you should.

21 . Favorite ornament theme or color? I change the theme of my Christmas tree every year. One time it was midnight blue and silver with stars. Last year it was red and white with candy canes. And this year, it's silver, pink, mauve and teal green.

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Anything that's not a hunk of meat. I'm not a big fan of plain hunks of meat. :)

23. Favorite Christmas memory? Visiting my grandparents in Texas when I was about 7 or 8.... Christmas with the girlies.... a horse drawn carriage ride downtown ... cutting down christmas trees with the family... so yeah, I guess there's not one favorite.

24. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Prollie stay home. We never travelled much when I was growing up. But I love to travel, so I don't think I would mind that, except the traffic and crowds. :)

25. Shopping…mall or online? Either is fine... wherever the good deals are.

26. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all)? It depends. Some years we decorate both, but now, we're getting too lazy, so we've only decorated inside for the last two years or so.

27. Favorite Christmas cookie? *sigh* Yum. Prollie M&M cookies or sugar cookies.

28. Do you own Christmas clothing or jewelry? I have some Christmas socks. Other than that, I can't think of anything. I like red sparkly sweaters, but I wear those all winter.

29. What do you want for Christmas this year? A digital SLR camera that I know I'm not getting. :)

1 comment:

akalinear said...

lol - quite a few of your answers are the same for me. =)