December 29, 2007

What Are You Doing New Year's... New Year's Eve?

When I hear HCJr sing that song, I wish he was actually asking me. ;-) I'm kidding!! (C'mon, people, he's married!)

So, I'm curious to know what y'all do to ring in the New Year. Do you have a tradition? Do you ALWAYS stay up until midnight? Do you party with friends? Watching the ball drop in NYC? Go to bed? Reflect on the past year? Get excited about the new year? Kiss your mate?

I've done lots of different things... watchnight services at church.... cheesecake and fireworks in B-more with Linney.... parties.... ping pong tourneys.... banging pots.... dominoes games... snacking on spinach artichoke dip (that dip was really good!)... and so on. I honestly don't know what I'm doing this year, but I'm excited about the new year.

The only thing I always do around this time is marvel at how fast time is flying by!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've done lots of things, but I think I've always stayed up...at least ever since I was about 12. Ha, anymore, I'm doing really good if I'm in bed before midnight on any day!

This year I am going to a birthday party in the evening, but hope to be home and quiet by 10 o'clock. We'll see what happens. :)

Carrie said...

No traditions. Every year as been rather boring, although in different ways. =D I've yet to experience those FANTASTIC NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTIES that are referenced. Nor do I knwo anyone who throws them. I keep vowing to change this but so far, the oppertunity to do so has not yet arisen. Maybe I will do that when Joshua is old enough so that we won't suffer massive reprocusions if we stay up too late!?

Happy New Year, friend of mine!