Hey, it's Wednesday, and you know what that means: AR Recap! Lots of climbing this week-- stairs (that was 33 stories, by the by!), ropes, etc.
I was a little disappointed with this week's episode... it just didn't seem quite as intense. Perhaps the editing was lacking? Anyone have any comments on that? They didn't show as much of the scenery as I would have liked. The teams seemed disjointed. There were no really hilarious parts (i.e. Fran & Barry running past the clue box 50 times). Phil's blog was even boring this week. Maybe they are trying to fit too much into one hour (or actually 40 minutes considering commercial time)? The whole show just seemed a little flat.
Tale of the Teams
- I'm starting to heartily dislike Frat Boys and their one-tracked minds. If they can't keep their minds out of the gutter and on the game OR keep their comments to themselves, I'm gonna start rootin' against 'em. Also, I think it's sissy of them to keep following everyone.
- The Senoritas (Wanda & Desiree) are starting to grow on me. I like how they don't complain much, work together, and push themselves. Desiree is disgustingly beautiful without makeup. There should be a law against it! :)
This week I was glad the Hippies came in first, ahead of the Frat Boys! The little fashion disasters sure put their faith in their local guide, but it paid off. Also, I'm willing to bet most, if not all, of my fellow AR fans starting singing happy tunes when they saw Lisa and Joni eliminated. Over the past week, I heard comments like, "I just wanted them to die!" The screaming and squealing and crying just gets to you, right?
Detour: Watch Out Ahead!
The detours are always a crucial part of the race for a few reasons (1) your choice can really hurt or help you (2) the teams usually get separated during the Detours, thus adding stress of not knowing where you are in the lineup and (3) you can lose a lot of time if you decide to change tasks.
I used to think the more physically-challenging task was always the better choice, but after this week, I'm wondering if that's true. Yes, the rope climbing seemed faster, but Dave & Lori did the sugar cane challenge and still came in 4th-- ahead of Ray & Yolanda, who were on the same 11:15AM bus. The thought hit me: if the tasks take equal time, is it a bad decision to wear down yourself physically more than necessary? Perhaps, in the end, it doesn't make a difference, but it is something I started thinking about.
A little flat perhaps, but hey, still an AMAZING show!
- Julie -
No comments:
Post a Comment