March 9, 2006

What Do You Do At The End Of A Trip?

You SLEEP!

Perhaps these pictures aren't quite as funny separately, but put together, they just crack me up. These are pictures in the airport on our return trip from Thailand. My thinking was: Why sleep when you can take hilarious pictures of other people?


I've never been able to sleep much on planes or in airports. Hey, I'm not much for sleeping anywhere but my bed and anytime but at night! While traveling, I'm usually too busy reading or people-watching or running for the bathroom (yeah, I prefer window seats).


However, this trip took me to a whole new level of sleeping in unfamiliar places and positions. You reach a point where you're so exhausted or even bored (a 3 hour nap out of a 14 hour flight is a big chunk!) that you just SLEEP, no matter how many people are around you or how uncomfortable you are. I brought my own pillow on the plane, and it was absolutely worth it!

You people-watch at the airport, right? I mean, c'mon, that is one of the most fun things to do when traveling. First of all, there are so many people at airports, you get to see lots of weird ones. (Please note: the pictures included in this blog are not intended as evidence to support the previous statement.)

Another thing I always watch for is what people wear, especially their shoes. It's incredible to me what some people wear when they're flying on a plane. I'm an admitted lover of high heels, but in an airport? No way. To me, that's like wearing heels to an amusement park.


I want to laugh out loud when I see a women go by, dressed to the nines in her skin-tight jeans, stilleto-heeled boots, and huge designer bags, exquisitely bejeweled, coiffed and made-up. You know, the ones who take fifteen minutes to unload their bling before going through the metal detector? Do you really need to look THAT good on a plane? I'm usually one for style over comfort, but there are some situations where comfort is important. On the flip side, I really don't want to fly with someone who looks like they literally rolled from their bed, into the car, and onto the plane. At least brush your hair and teeth and put on some clean clothes, people!

Now, let's just hope my fellow-travelers don't take exception to these pictures....

- Julie -

No comments: