If you're not a fan of The Amazing Race, you should be! I have watched since the first season, and now have gathered a little posse of fellow AR fans all over the country. It makes it much more fun to watch with others, and now I can be all reporter girl and give my weekly update.
I'm so glad they went back to the two-team, all-over-the-world format! It's already so much more exciting and fast-paced. I love the beginning of a season- we get introduced to the new teams and start forming our opinions. It's absolutely essential to have a favorite team (and a back-up favorite in case your first favorite gets eliminated). I think it's also good to have a team you despise so you can laugh when they make mistakes.
AMAZING RACE IS BACK ON! WOO HOO!
Breakdown of the Teams
- BJ & Tyler: aka The Hippies
Fashion challenged, but definitely entertaining, I think they will be a strong team. For my friend JB, it may depress you to know they are 25 and 26 years old. They are quite the characters, and should be fun to watch. Did I mention fashion disasters?
- Ray & Yolanda: aka The Strong Silent Types
My first impression of R & Y is a good one, and I like them most because, although competitive, they aren't vocal and annoying about it. At the Motorhead detour, they just hunkered down and did it. Huge props to Yolanda for hanging in there with that whole gang of yucky Brazillian men ogling her. I never once saw her acknowledge them. You go, girl!
- David & Lori: aka The Nerds
I might change my mind, but so far, I think this couple is adorably cute! They are clearly in love and she looks at him like he's a Knight In Shining Armor (hey, they say love is blind!). They aren't SO nerdy that they're annoying, but at least they admit and embrace their dorkiness. I was so proud of them that they came in 4th.
- Eric & Jeremy: aka Frat Boys
Okay, clearly they are the studly, all-guy team. I'm reserving some judgment, but I will admit that they seem nicer and more polite than I thought they would be. Congrats to them on taking 1st and the $20K. I'm thinkin' they'll prollie be in it for a while.
- Fran & Barry: aka The Adventurous Grandparents
To be honest, I'm not sure I like this team. The older teams always seem proud of their competitiveness and athletic accomplishments and firmly believe they'll beat the younger ones. While they may stay in the race a while, eventually, youth ALWAYS wins out. And, seriously, how HILARIOUS was it when they passed the clue box on that bridge, like, twenty times!! I'll give them points for being sweet to each other.
- Lisa & Joni: aka The Glamazons
I'd actually call these ladies "The Queens of TMI" (too much information)!!! It starts out as slightly funny to talk about your bodily functions, but when you don't stop, it's just annoying. Their profile on cbs.com says if they win the million dollars, they want to get plastic surgery. I think it's pretty obvious they won't be in the race long. But you never know, one of the awesome things about the Race is how upredictable it is!
- Joseph & Monica: aka Barbie and Ken
I instantly don't like this team because they give themselves a cheesy nickname [Mo Jo], complete with t-shirts. I have this philosophy: if you have to tell people you possess something, you really don't have it. For instance, if you feel the need to tell people, "We have mojo." you just don't. Your abilities and character should speak for themselves. I also don't like her because she seems prissy-- did you see how glammed up she was at the start of the race? This actually might turn out to be a good thing since, by the end of the race, we'll get to see her looking wretched. I think this team will flame out-- she was almost crying in the first show when they couldn't get on the flight. C'mon, it's only the first leg! I also didn't like how they were yelling at their cab driver, who was clearly distressed.
- Wanda & Desiree: aka ???
Is it a bad sign that I don't have a nickname for this mother-daughter team? Nothing really stuck out to me about them... I'll just have to wait and see.
- Lake & Michelle: aka Intensity Abounds
Initial impression of this team is that they might be like Jonathan and Victoria of a previous season-- lots of drama, blaming, yelling, so much drive that they miss obvious stuff (hello? how many seasons do you have to watch to know to always read the entire clue?!?). If they tear each other down, I doubt I'll like them. It's about teamwork, people!!
- Dani & Danielle: aka The Pinks (my nice nickname for them)
Yeah, don't want to go into much about them because, let's face it, they speak for themselves. I think it goes without saying they won't be on my favorite team list. Dani looks downright goofy in the picture of their team on cbs.com- you should check it out. I thought it was hilarious that with all that... uh, persuasion, they didn't get any of those guys to help them build the motorcycle. (Okay, maybe it was against the rules.) The baby wipes.... hilarious.
I'm so glad they went back to the two-team, all-over-the-world format! It's already so much more exciting and fast-paced. I love the beginning of a season- we get introduced to the new teams and start forming our opinions. It's absolutely essential to have a favorite team (and a back-up favorite in case your first favorite gets eliminated). I think it's also good to have a team you despise so you can laugh when they make mistakes.
AMAZING RACE IS BACK ON! WOO HOO!
Breakdown of the Teams
- BJ & Tyler: aka The Hippies
Fashion challenged, but definitely entertaining, I think they will be a strong team. For my friend JB, it may depress you to know they are 25 and 26 years old. They are quite the characters, and should be fun to watch. Did I mention fashion disasters?
- Ray & Yolanda: aka The Strong Silent Types
My first impression of R & Y is a good one, and I like them most because, although competitive, they aren't vocal and annoying about it. At the Motorhead detour, they just hunkered down and did it. Huge props to Yolanda for hanging in there with that whole gang of yucky Brazillian men ogling her. I never once saw her acknowledge them. You go, girl!
- David & Lori: aka The Nerds
I might change my mind, but so far, I think this couple is adorably cute! They are clearly in love and she looks at him like he's a Knight In Shining Armor (hey, they say love is blind!). They aren't SO nerdy that they're annoying, but at least they admit and embrace their dorkiness. I was so proud of them that they came in 4th.
- Eric & Jeremy: aka Frat Boys
Okay, clearly they are the studly, all-guy team. I'm reserving some judgment, but I will admit that they seem nicer and more polite than I thought they would be. Congrats to them on taking 1st and the $20K. I'm thinkin' they'll prollie be in it for a while.
- Fran & Barry: aka The Adventurous Grandparents
To be honest, I'm not sure I like this team. The older teams always seem proud of their competitiveness and athletic accomplishments and firmly believe they'll beat the younger ones. While they may stay in the race a while, eventually, youth ALWAYS wins out. And, seriously, how HILARIOUS was it when they passed the clue box on that bridge, like, twenty times!! I'll give them points for being sweet to each other.
- Lisa & Joni: aka The Glamazons
I'd actually call these ladies "The Queens of TMI" (too much information)!!! It starts out as slightly funny to talk about your bodily functions, but when you don't stop, it's just annoying. Their profile on cbs.com says if they win the million dollars, they want to get plastic surgery. I think it's pretty obvious they won't be in the race long. But you never know, one of the awesome things about the Race is how upredictable it is!
- Joseph & Monica: aka Barbie and Ken
I instantly don't like this team because they give themselves a cheesy nickname [Mo Jo], complete with t-shirts. I have this philosophy: if you have to tell people you possess something, you really don't have it. For instance, if you feel the need to tell people, "We have mojo." you just don't. Your abilities and character should speak for themselves. I also don't like her because she seems prissy-- did you see how glammed up she was at the start of the race? This actually might turn out to be a good thing since, by the end of the race, we'll get to see her looking wretched. I think this team will flame out-- she was almost crying in the first show when they couldn't get on the flight. C'mon, it's only the first leg! I also didn't like how they were yelling at their cab driver, who was clearly distressed.
- Wanda & Desiree: aka ???
Is it a bad sign that I don't have a nickname for this mother-daughter team? Nothing really stuck out to me about them... I'll just have to wait and see.
- Lake & Michelle: aka Intensity Abounds
Initial impression of this team is that they might be like Jonathan and Victoria of a previous season-- lots of drama, blaming, yelling, so much drive that they miss obvious stuff (hello? how many seasons do you have to watch to know to always read the entire clue?!?). If they tear each other down, I doubt I'll like them. It's about teamwork, people!!
- Dani & Danielle: aka The Pinks (my nice nickname for them)
Yeah, don't want to go into much about them because, let's face it, they speak for themselves. I think it goes without saying they won't be on my favorite team list. Dani looks downright goofy in the picture of their team on cbs.com- you should check it out. I thought it was hilarious that with all that... uh, persuasion, they didn't get any of those guys to help them build the motorcycle. (Okay, maybe it was against the rules.) The baby wipes.... hilarious.
- And the eliminated team... John & Scott: aka Fruity Patootie & His Sidekick
All I have to say about this team is I'm glad they got eliminated because I don't think I could stand Fruity much longer than one show. The whole show, I kept thinking that John (Fruity) looked like an iguana. I don't know why-- I think it was his beady eyes, tongue, and double chin? So, I thought I'd find a picture to prove my point. Take a look at the iguana picture and then go to cbs.com and look at the picture on their bio page (the picture at right isn't as good). You cannot deny the smiliarities.
I found Phil's Blog on cbs.com, and it's great. More inside information than mine, but I can be more brutal and funny. Here's to another great edition of The Amazing Race!!
- Julie -
1 comment:
Yeesh. I'm still waiting to see an episode of the Gilmore Girls! You are ahead of me.
Post a Comment