June 18, 2006

Hurray For The Day For Dads.

[I know it's been a while since I've posted, but what better way to return to blogging than to tell you how great my dad is?]

Especially in our day, having a good relationship with your father is not so common, and thus even more of a treasure. I am very blessed to have a solid relationship with my dad, and I know it's made me a better person. I'm so much more prepared for life because of him.

He's made me appreciate truth, punctuality, organization, and diligence. From my dad I got my sense of humor, my black-and-white view of things, my ability to discern, and probably my passion for having things done a *certain* way (otherwise known as pickiness or perfectionism).

I could never hide things from my dad when I was growing up. Even now, when he doesn't ask, I tell him almost everything. :) I was blessed to be able to spend a lot of time with my dad when I was younger. A really special time was the year my brother went to kindergarten and I stayed with my dad. We had some grand times.

He protected me without sheltering me. He taught me to be smart, to follow through, and just plain THINK about things. He's a counselor, a comedian, a giver. He's genuine and truthful and dependable.

I have fun when I'm with him. During this "photo shot" he had me laughing so hard, I was crying. What a good sport to let me post this picture on my blog, eh?





And my dad taught another great dad... my brother! (Yes, this picture was taken today. And you know you aren't looking at my brother, you're looking at the cutie patooties, aren't you?)

I admire J because he LOVES being a dad. He's involved with his girls, spends time with them, and yes, even changes their diapers (although I will say he waits until the last possible minute or cons my mom into doing it! :-D).

It's still a little hard for me to believe my brother has his own children, but I'm happy to say he's a great dad.

Happy Father's Day to two of the best dads I know!

- Proud to be a Daddy's Girl -

1 comment:

Rachel said...

An update, an update...YEAH, it's an update!!! :o) I thought maybe you died or something!

Great post about your dad! It's fun being a Daddy's girl, isn't it?!?