
Oddly enough, we've had to quash rumors of a relationship between us. This usually makes us laugh because he's like my brother and I'm like 8 years older than him. I mean, seriously people, would you be in a relationship with your older sister or younger brother? Think about it.
D had a hunting accident recently-- he fell 30 feet out of his tree stand-- and was injured quite seriously. I'd sure appreciate your prayers for him. He is doing well and expected to come home soon, but is facing six months of physical therapy.
One thing I really like about being a Christian is seeing the hand of God all over people's lives. I most certainly don't believe in "fate" or "chance happenings". God is in control. Of everything. Period.
Yes, this has been a difficult situation and I could just as easily be attending D's funeral as visiting him in the hospital. When faced with something like this, you can't help but be reminded of how fragile life is. But God has shown us His power and foreknowledge. Even in the smallest details (a road through the property had just been completed, so the emergency vehicles were able to use it), we knew He cared. Our Father knows what things we need, and even if they hurt, they are always done with love and for our good.
- J -
2 comments:
Glad to hear that Drew is in the hospital to be visited and not the other option. Everyone in MBC wants to know how he is, and we all pray for him.
-Veronica
Hey Veronica- glad you stopped by. I'm planning to go see Drew tomorrow (Monday, Oct. 2) so I'll pass along your message and post an update. I did hear he should get out of the hospital in a day or two.
Post a Comment