April 15, 2007

For All My "Norwegian" Friends....

I was driving the other day and saw this license plate. Having visited the uh, special (?) state of North Dakota, I knew I had to take a picture of it for all my NoDak (and perhaps some MN) friends.

"Uffda" is one of the funny things they say, but my personal favorite is the expression, "Oh, for dumb!" which I've also heard as "Oh, for fun!" and "Oh, for sure!" Maybe some of you can remind me others ways this expression is used.



PS: Just in case you were wondering, I don't recommend trying to drive (with your knees) and take a picture at the same time. It's really not safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for cool! You betcha!

akalinear said...

I can't even bring myself to comment on this. =)

I had another comment all typed up, and then i couldn't pull the trigger. Do I want to make people from the upper midwest (including yours truly) sound even worse? *snicker* Uh, I think not. Too many are transplanting themselves to other parts of the country and doing it for us. Like the UFFDA PT Cruiser dude.