October 25, 2007

My Favorite Cookies

I happen to love cookies. I'm not really sure why. They certainly aren't the most popular of desserts. Maybe it has something to do with fond childhood memories.

As a result, I have a lot of great cookie recipes which I use quite often. Chocolate chip. Peanut Butter. Oatmeal. No Bake. Sugar. Snickerdoodles. M&M. (Is your mouth watering?) For me, the most important attribute of a cookie is that it MUST be soft! Even though I love cookies, I would NEVER eat a burned one and I'll only eat hard ones if I'm desperate. :)

A few years ago, a friend's mom made these cookies she called "Autumn Spotlights". *sigh* They instantly became my favorite kind of cookie and you wouldn't believe how EASY they are to make! I thought I'd share the recipe in case there are other fellow cookie-lovers out there!

AUTUMN SPOTLIGHTS

1 package yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe kind)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
2 eggs

Mix these ingredients togther.

Fold in 1 cup Reese's Pieces (or more, if you prefer).

Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes.

Enjoy!

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.

4 comments:

archnemesis_goldenhair said...

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me.
C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me.
C is for Cookie!!!
I believe that says it all.

joy said...

oh. my. word. i LOVE snickerdoodles. i think i would kill for them.

ill have to try the recipe for the autumn spotlights. sounds yummo!

akalinear said...

they sound good, and I'm a sucker for sweets, so I'll give 'em a whirl. thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

These sound so good... I will have to try them sometime.