The short story is that Rachel Ray began as a star on Food Network and now has her own show on.... uh, some network. One thing I remember about her is that she uses the term "EVOO" which stands for extra virgin olive oil. You can read the longer story here. (Hey, I just found out we share the same birthday. Ah, well, she still annoys me.) Anyhoo, she's okay, but as you can see by the enthusaistic smile in the picture, she's a bit on the perky side for me. I know a lot of people love her, and that's fine, I'm just not one of them.
October 3, 2007
Who She Is
For the surprising number of you that didn't know who she is....
The short story is that Rachel Ray began as a star on Food Network and now has her own show on.... uh, some network. One thing I remember about her is that she uses the term "EVOO" which stands for extra virgin olive oil. You can read the longer story here. (Hey, I just found out we share the same birthday. Ah, well, she still annoys me.) Anyhoo, she's okay, but as you can see by the enthusaistic smile in the picture, she's a bit on the perky side for me. I know a lot of people love her, and that's fine, I'm just not one of them.
Now, go vote in the new poll!
The short story is that Rachel Ray began as a star on Food Network and now has her own show on.... uh, some network. One thing I remember about her is that she uses the term "EVOO" which stands for extra virgin olive oil. You can read the longer story here. (Hey, I just found out we share the same birthday. Ah, well, she still annoys me.) Anyhoo, she's okay, but as you can see by the enthusaistic smile in the picture, she's a bit on the perky side for me. I know a lot of people love her, and that's fine, I'm just not one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I confess...I voted that I didn't know who she was. I actually knew all that, I've just never watched one of her shows. Therefore, I didn't feel that I knew her enough to make a love/hate decision on her. :)
By that smile though, I'd probably be with you on the whole 'too perky' thing. People like that bug me. :o)
Hey...I love perky!!! It's so infectious! Although...if it's fake and overdone...it is annoying! But people who truly love life...man, that's a beautiful thing!
am i looking at the same poll? I know who RR is, but I see something about the senses...which I can't vote in anyway, 'cause I can't decide! sometimes it's sounds (music). sometimes it's taste (mmm, food). sometimes it's touch (violin strings). sometimes it's smell (fall smells are lovely). I could answer which sight is my least sharp: sight. I need to get to the eye doctor...
akalinear, the previous poll was about RR, so I posted about her (most people voted they didn't know who she was) and changed the poll at the same time. your answer about the new poll is hilarious... just try your best. :)
I like her. She definitely has a knack for putting things together, and the twist she puts on certain dishes/meals normally piques my interest.
She is definitely overboard perky. But at least she's not dull. I think her personality comes across as fake, for sure.
I saw RR do a very calm interview and she really kinda grew on me.
I saw RR interview Minnie Drive this morning and she was quite calm. Hmm... RR kinda grew on me.
I'm not a big fan either. She was mildly entertaining when I got to watch her on deployment, but I was also starved for entertainment for 6 months at a time, so you can make your own conclusions. Anyway, despite that, her food does look tasty.
Post a Comment