I know it's a cliche, but time really does fly, and I can't believe 2006 is already over. Not only do I feel older, I feel like I'm acceralating at ramming speed toward that proverbial Hill. (Which I am not over yet, thankyouverymuch!)
I have many fond memories of NYEves. The quickly-becoming-tradition party at the S's house with epic ping pong battles (Technically Mr. S is still supposed to wear a dress to church because I beat him fair and square!). Baltimore-Inner Harbor with LM where we saw a drunk guy collapse at like 10:00PM (I don't think his new year was all that happy) and watched fireworks explode over the water while eating our cheesecake.
Last year at this time, I was getting ready to leave for Thailand. In 2000, I was anticipating a trip to Honduras in January 2001.
A lot of great things happened in 2006 and I'm so excited to see what happens in 2007. I appreciate all of you who have been a blessing to me. I wish you so much happiness, peace, love, and joy in the coming year-- all things that can be ultimately found in the Lord.
I love the coming of a new year because it always reminds me of that great Anne quote about the day being fresh with no mistakes. 2007 is a clean slate, ready to have all sorts of amazing things written on it!
2 comments:
I definitely remember the drunk guy at CF - his header into the white marble floor is indelibly etched into my memory. Good times. (For us, probably not for him when he woke up on New Year's Day with a broken nose or something.) ~LM
The picture of Karis?!.....
ADORABLE!
Post a Comment