A few weeks ago, I had an unfortunate incident with my cell phone, a cup of water, and some dropping. Consequently, I had to buy a new cell phone (yes, I got the blue one). I think I actually experienced withdrawal symptoms in that window of time after the old one died but before I got the new one. You know how when you go on a diet, all of a sudden food just pops out everywhere... and it's all the foods you "can't" have? Well, when my old cell phone died, it wasn't that I necessarily needed to use it, it was just the thought that I couldn't use it that was driving me crazy. Sad, very sad. :)
This "new phone" (as Karis calls it) has a lot more bells and whistles than my old one (and hey, it's cuter!). I have been playing the demo games a lot. I keep expecting a message to come up that says, "You have exceeded your limit for playing the demo games. Pay up or stop freeloading." After that, I picture the phone self-destructing. I try to be vigilant like Ethan Hunt so I'm ready to fling it from me in the event of an impending explosion.
But get this: last night, I read my own blog FROM MY CELL PHONE. That was a weird feeling! I have the web package free for a month (which WILL be canceled), so I was "surfing" last night. You can download all sorts of things, including screen savers, ringers, games, and call tones. Would you ever pay to download any of these things? Most of them were between $2.00 and $5.00 to download, but expired after 90 days. I just don't see myself spending money for something like that.
FYI, I'm much better at cell phone pool than real pool.
- Julie -
August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I choose to remain unknown! Good grief Julie, I could be here all day reading about all your adventures. I don't mind at all. It's fun. I love pictures. The girls are so cute. You will have to tell me what Blogg is. Love to baby girl!!! Love Auntie
Hey, auntie- glad you stopped by! "Blog" is a shortened version of the term "web log" which is basically a type of diary or journal online. You can post pretty much whatever you want and there are tons of different blogs out there.
I'm glad you had fun.. come back and visit soon. :)
EXPIRES AFTER 90 DAYS??? Guess I shoulda read the fine print! Good thing I didn't go crazy downloading a bunch of ringtones. Having a cell phone is fun...until the bill comes! HA!
Having a cell phone is also fun until you need to call your service provider.
Post a Comment