August 21, 2006

Only In New York City

Here are some random, amusing tidbits from the NYC trip that I haven't mentioned:

- We came upon a photo shoot of a model wearing ridiculous clothes, holding a flag- not an American flag either. It so happens that the shoot was taking place about 11:00PM at night in Times Square (what were they thinking?!). During the shoot, a drunk guy kept jumping up and down behind the model and the photographer was getting increasingly irritated with him. The police were eventually called to get the guy out of the shot. Hilarious.

- L and I thought we were going to see some more police action when the police arrested some guy for drinking while driving (at least I *think* that's what he was doing). It was funny because there were four "bad guys" and about 12-15 cops (and, uh, countless spectators)! And let me tell you, those NYC cops do not play!! They seemed to have no problem getting in the thugs' faces, cursing, and making sure they knew who was in charge.

- Only native NYC-ers are brave enough to cross the streets when the WALK sign is not lit up. All of us tourists were too scared... although, by the third day, I was definitely starting to get braver. It's a toss up between who's more rude and vocal-- the drivers or pedestrians. I'd say it was an equal number that I observed yelling and giving the other the finger. The constant horn-honking is annoying, but I doubt it'll stop anytime soon, despite the "No HONKING-- $350 FINE" signs.

- We stopped in Bloomingdale's, where you could easily spend an entire day. The thing that amazed me the most was how many employees B has!!! It was incredible! I really believe there might have actually been more employees than customers.


I've been trying to post pictures for four days and keep getting an error message. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix the problem? I have some great pics I want to share!!

- J -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your "blog" is great and I believe you are a natural, talented writer....maybe one day you can write your parents' biographies for us...eh?
What a wonderful daughter who I love very much and is about to have a birthday this week! Happy Birthday, dear daughter!!!!
Love, MOM

AMarylandGirl said...

Awww... isn't my mom so nice? What interesting biographies I could write!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Love you, too.