I suppose everyone thinks they have the BEST mother, so y'all won't be surprised when I say that *I* have the best mother in the world.
My mom and I aren't very much alike: I tend to be concrete, analytical, and sequential, but she's abstract and random. She's movitated by the sufferings of others, while truth usually motivates me. Also, she's compassionate and nice and considerate of others. (Are you really going to make me say I'm mean? :-D)
Because of our differences, our relationship hasn't always been easy. We didn't always understand each other, but we have grown so much in our relationship. I can say that I have learned more from my mom than any other woman. I'm trying to be more like her so that I can be more balanced in my life. Whenever I see one of her characteristics in me, I'm very excited.
I have no doubts that God gave me exactly the mother I needed. I am blessed beyond comprehension to be the daughter of a Godly woman who has a strong relationship with the Lord and continues to grow in her Christian walk.
The coolest thing of all is that I genuinely consider my mother to be my friend.
- Julie -
May 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment