May 19, 2006

Nice Guys Finish First.


Congratulations to BJ AND TYLER
aka The Hippies
Winners of The Amazing Race 9


What a GREAT finish to AR9!! As usual, there was screaming and yelling and cheering during the final five minutes of the show.... and just a bit of a let down when it was over.

Here are my final random thoughts from the last two episodes:

ANNOYING!

The Hippies actually did something to annoy me! Throughout the entire race, I have admired BJ and Tyler's happy-go-lucky attitude, their support of each other, and their friendliness. They cheered for other teams, they gave Ray and Yolanda money, and they never turned against each other. So, I was only a little annoyed when Tyler would NOT SHUT UP about speaking Japanese and loving Japan and walking through the whole country and speaking Japanese and having been there and speaking Japanese. I'm sure it was the editing, but I wanted to shout, "Yeah, WE GOT IT! You speak Japanese! You love Japan! Please.shut.up."

STEP IT UP!

Ray and Yolanda could NOT get it together with their sense of direction! My word, how many times did they get lost? Or think they were lost when they weren't, but STILL stopped for directions? I think they stayed in the Race because they didn't let their emotions get out of control, but they really needed to step it up on the final leg.

WEIRD!

Was it me or were those Japanese girls in the palanquins STRANGE- LOOKING? Oh, and the capsule hotel beds seemed weird to me, too.

I'M JEALOUS!

I LOVE Roller Coasters. The scarier, the better. The faster, the better. The more, the better. I've actually ridden on one similar to the one in the picture. Awesome!

SORE LOSERS!

The Frat Boys were so whiny! The guys who canceled taxis, lied constantly, and would do anything to get ahead were UPSET at the Hippies? Man, if you're going to dish it out, you need to learn to take it. Of all the 2nd place teams, I thought they were the most disappointed. But hey, they had their chance to win- they started the final task before BJ & Tyler.

FRAN AND BARRY MOMENT!

Oh man, when BJ & Tyler passed those snowshoes, I was about to DIE! I couldn't believe they had such a hard time finding them. I wonder what it would be like to watch yourself on TV making such a dumb mistake? :)

What a great season! I wonder what my blog would have said if the Frat Boys had won? I'm very happy I don't even have to think about it!

Another awesome, exhilarating, nail-biting, hilarious, thrilling, astonishing, impressive, exciting, and breathtaking season of The AMAZING RACE!

- Julie -

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I totally loved this particular season. I was really happy when BJ and Tyler won! The Amazing Race is up there with Top Chef and PR, probably even before them just because I get to watch it regularly.