August 30, 2007

Big Girl Conversation

Karis often feels the need to remind us that she is a BIG GIRL now. It doesn't help that the poor thing is teeny tiny. She is way too smart for her own good, though.

Anyway, last night, the girls spent the night at our house. (It seems I'm very good at making up bathtime songs. Apparently, they are quite fascinating and make bathtime loads of fun. Sorry, I digress.)

Kylie wanted to go to bed (a girl after my own heart! I used to ask my babysitter if I could take a nap.) and Karis wanted to stay up, so I let her come downstairs with me to read some books and "hang out" while I was getting ready for bed. She saw the Reese's Pieces I got for my birthday and decided she thought we should have some. So, here is the conversation:

Karis: Let's have some M&Ms!

Me: Karis, you already had some and it's too late.

Karis: But we're down here reading books and maybe we'll watch a movie and we can eat those M&Ms while we're laying on the bed.

Me: No, Karis, you aren't having any more.

Karis: (flopping down on the bed dramatically) Well, JuJu, we have a decision to make. You don't want to have M&Ms, but I do want some.

Me: (laughing and thinking, "did she just use the word 'decision'?")

Karis: Juju, we need to decide because I want some and you don't want some.

Me: (laughing)


I attempted not to laugh while explaining to her that this wasn't a democracy or a "group" decision, but I doubt I succeeded.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO funny!!! She is really growing up.

archnemesis_goldenhair said...

Too cute, How old is she again, and are you sure of that number? hehe.