August 28, 2007

Heinous Housewares

So, my dog ruined my comforter which has now placed me in a position of shopping for a new set. Thankfully, I have birthday money to use (woo hoo!). Of course the ones I like are the most expensive ones I've found. (Seriously, $65 for ONE flat sheet? Crikey! That better be some good's night sleep.)

In the course of my shopping, I've found some... uh, inexplicable sets. I mean, can you honestly picture anyone spending money for these sets?

This one I classify as heinous. If you like this, please don't be offended. I think it just overwhelms me with its ... yeah, I'm just going to say ugliness. Maybe it's just TOO MUCH.
This one I just find to be strange. Would anyone actually put this in their bedroom? Maybe a 14 year old boy. They're always doing things that make no cents. Ha,ha! See, just the idea of it is causing me to make dumb jokes.


Here's a closeup of that special coffee table that I know you all want to order. Waaahahaaa! There's a book on it! As if anyone who had this in their room actually reads books.


Now this, I classify as a complete waste of money. Wouldn't you agree? Besides being ugly, Halloween is one, I repeat ONE, day out of the year.

Okay, enough ugliness, here is a set I actually like. Now I just need a small fortune. It just HAD to be from the Calvin Klein collection. *sigh*

4 comments:

akalinear said...

Classify the first under the category "Things That Would Surely Give Me Nightmares and General Unrestful Sleep."

Funny, I could swear I saw the $$$ set and end table in Scrooge McDuck's residence in those cartoons I used to watch as a kid...

Carrie said...

LOL! WOAH those sets are positively awful. The first one IS too much. Holy Cow.

I like the one you liked though. But if your dog destroyed the first one (I cannot get over the fact that "your dog destroyed it" -- saying even THAT sounds amazing.) then maybe you would want to choose something, uh, cheaper. ;)

AMarylandGirl said...

akalinear-- you're prollie right about that money set in cartoons. I think that's the only place it would belong.

and c, I'm definitely not buying the one I posted unless it gets massively reduced. I couldn't bring myself to pay that much even IF I had the money. And the dog will not be getting on the bed ever again. :)

archnemesis_goldenhair said...

There's one person I could honestly believe would use the money set, Donald Trump. And for the first, Even Martha would have to say "It's not a good thing."